For decades many scientists from across the world have warned of the severe health risks that electromagnetic fields (EMF’s) can cause, even when emissions are at low levels that are below the current regulatory safety guidelines.
The warnings from these scientists has been ignored due to possible conflicts of interest between regulators and industry.
An interesting point to mention here is – Many of the studies used for the current safety guidelines are extremely out of date, and are often funded by the industries that have the most profit to make.
On 11th May 2015 a group of over 160 scientists from across the globe, with over 2000 peer reviewed studies to back up their concerns of the severe health risks of EMF’s, appealed to the United Nations (UN) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to put greater protection against the severe health risks the emissions of EMF’s – (also known as radio frequencies, microwave frequencies – non-iodizing radiation) can cause.
Many of these EMF emissions are emitted from day to day wireless technologies the public use or are around daily.
These technologies include wireless: cell phones, cordless home phones, tablets, i-pads, computers, routers, smart meters, baby monitors, intercom systems, alarm systems, GPS systems, internet connected health monitors and sports monitors, cell towers, communication radio systems within law enforcement, emergency agencies and many transport companies.
International Scientists Appeal on Electromagnetic
Fields Opening Speech
by Scientist Martin Blank
Summary of Points in the International Scientists Appeal on Electromagnetic Fields:
- Children and pregnant women to be protected.
- Adequate safety guidelines and regulatory standards to be strengthened.
- Manufacturers be encouraged to develop safer technology.
- Utilities responsible for the generation, transmission, distribution, and monitoring of electricity maintain adequate power quality and ensure proper electrical wiring to minimize harmful ground current.
- The public to be fully informed about the potential health risks from electromagnetic energy and taught harm reduction strategies.
- Medical professionals be educated about the biological effects of electromagnetic energy and be provided training on treatment of patients with electromagnetic sensitivity. (Information on what electromagnetic sensitivity is)
- Governments fund training and research on electromagnetic fields and health that is independent of industry and mandate industry cooperation with researchers.
- Media disclose experts’ financial relationships with industry when citing their opinions regarding health and safety aspects of EMF-emitting technologies.
- White-zones (radiation-free areas) be established.
More protection will probably result from full disclosure of possible conflicts of interest between regulators and industry. Rising exposure to electromagnetic radiation is a GLOBAL problem.
The World Health Organization and international standard setting bodies are not acting to protect the public’s health and well being. International exposure guidelines for electromagnetic fields must be strengthened to reflect the reality of their impact on our bodies, and in particular, on our DNA.
We are really all part of a large biological experiment, without our informed consent.
To kepp up to date with this appeal See EMF Scientist.
For those of you that may still be a little skeptical about the severe risks of electromagnetic fields I have included a short list of studies backing up what these scientists have been saying – Wireless Technology Studies on Health Effects, Lawsuits & Court Rulings
More articles about the health risks of
Lawsuit – Cell Phones Cause Brain Cancer
Article by Wen Dee:
SUBSCRIBE to Zip Zap Insights – Latest Articles
Full version of the – International Scientists Appeal on Electromagnetic Fields
PICKED FOR YOU