Intuition is an inner knowing of something – a hunch, gut feeling, instinct, vibes or a sixth sense that gives us insight into something without using our sight, hearing, touch, smell, or taste senses.
Often when we meet someone we get an instant vibe about them.
Usually this vibe is correct.
We all get different intuitive sensations when in various situations. The more you get to know and trust your intuition, the more powerful it becomes.
HAVE YOU EVER
(1) Been out walking along and suddenly had a daunting/sinking feeling that you left the front door unlocked, and couldn’t shake this feeling until you could rush home to check? Upon going back home to check the door you find this feeling turned out to be correct, resulting in huge relief to you.
(2) Been running late for an appointment, but on impulse have dashed into a shop to look at something that caught your eye anyway? Once inside the shop,bumped into an old colleague who gives you news of a good job opportunity you may be interested in.
(3) Had a sudden feeling that a close friend/relative may really need you right now. Given them a call or gone to visit them and found they really needed you at this moment… due to some bad news etc.
(4) Walked into a room full of friends/colleagues, and had a sinking feeling that negative things have been said about you. Then been told later by a trusted friend, that this indeed had been going on.
(5) While walking home, you suddenly have the urge to change your route and take the long way home instead. Then you later find out there had been a mugging on the original (intended) route that day.
Intuition can be a Positive Feeling
or a Negative one
or a Negative one
It can bring a warning message.
Or a positive energy,
About someone or something
We go about our daily routine with awareness on what we need to focus on now – through feelings, memories & knowledge.
This is our conscious mind communicating with us.
Closely tied in with the conscious mind is the preconscious mind – which includes the things that we are not thinking of at this moment, but we can quite easily draw it into our conscious mind if needed.
The subconscious mind is the storage room of everything that is currently not in your conscious mind – memories, skills etc. Your intuition is a higher level of your subconscious.
We have a lot going on around us all the time. The conscious mind is constantly evaluating what we need to pay attention to now. Everything else is set aside. The subconscious mind doesn’t miss anything – It takes in everything.
If the Subconscious mind thinks…
Something is important,
You’ll get a signal, a gut feeling.
- The more you listen to, trust and act on your intuition – the more it happens and the stronger it becomes.
- People show their character on the outside. The side they want you to see. Niceness is just another behavior type and doesn’t always reflect what is inside the person.
- Often when you tell others about your intuitive feelings or hunches, they agree with you, particularly if its feelings like…
“There’s something about him. I don’t trust him”
- Sometimes others will accuse you of being paranoid or over reacting, resulting in you doubting yourself.
- Don’t let what others think cloud your judgement – your intuition is always right even if you don’t know the full reason behind it.
- If our intuition is telling us something we don’t want to hear – we often ignore it due to fear of the truth – Its better to accept the possibility of this feeling being accurate and taking precautions, than to be hurt more later.
- Your perception of the situation is the one that matters. When your intuition warns you, act to increase your safety.
Our Intuition is often instantaneous but sometimes we may be too emotional – happy, sad, angry or stressed to receive or listen for it.
It is never a good idea to make an important decision based on impulse. At times like this we need to take time out, to tune into our intuition.
SUBSCRIBE to Zip Zap Insights – Latest Articles
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE