Many of us at some stage have wanted to ask a psychic for guidance, but wondered how genuine psychics really are. There are many genuine psychics out there – but like any service – there are those that scam.
So if your are not sure whether to get a psychic reading or not – here are some tips to help you decide…
If you want to know what to do before a psychic reading: SEE: What To Do before You Have A Psychic Reading
What to Expect from a Psychic Reading
- Clairvoyance (clear seeing)
- Clairaudience (clear hearing)
- Clairsentience (clear feeling)
- Claircognizance (clear knowing)
Through this, messages may also come from the deceased – known as mediumship. Often when this happens the psychic takes on exact phrases a deceased person may have used and/or the same or similar voice tone.
How to Tell if a Psychic is Genuine
(1) Present information in a detailed manor, that generally, only you the client would know or those that know you know.
(2) Doesn’t ask you many questions or expect you to give excessive details.
Sometimes psychics are given messages that could be interpreted in more than one way. On occasions like this, it isn’t unusual for a psychic to ask you for clarification, Eg: (Psychic) “I’m getting two names of Mary and I’m being told both are your mother. Do you have a step mother called Mary too?” (You) “Yes.”
(3) The reading should be empowering to you.
(4) The reader should have good reviews
(5) If a psychic has been referred to you by word of mouth – this is a good sign of a genuine psychic
Like any other talent/profession…
Each psychic has their own strengths and weaknesses
(6) A good psychic will point out their strengths, weaknesses and how they get their messages to you if necessary.
(“DISCLOSURE – Zip Zap Insights.com may get commissions for purchases made through various links and/or banners in this post.”)
(1) Some information may not be knowable or obtainable at the time of your reading. (Life is all about timing – if you are meant to know something, it will be shown to you in some form).
(2) If you ask a psychic medium for a message from a specific, deceased loved one and nothing comes through – it doesn’t necessarily mean the psychic is scamming you.
It may simply be that the deceased loved one is not ready to give a message or isn’t connecting with the energies of the psychic, to receive it. A bit like calling on a telephone. If no one answers the call – you won’t get an answer.
(3) Predictions of days, times, months – Although many psychics may give times of when something is going to happen, focusing on when something will happen can confuse and stop you from making the right choices and flowing on your path.
(4) Always keep in mind that we are here on earth for a specific purpose/life purpose. Our lives are a mixture of disappointments, learning and fulfillment. Our life takes its own course depending on choices/decisions we make, and the consequences of them.
How to Tell if a Psychic is Likely to be Fake
Sadly just like any other service/profession there are fakes/scammers in the psychic world too.
(1) You are asked an excessive amount of questions. This can lead to a session based on practical advice – not psychic connection guidance.
This is also known as a technique of cold reading. Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, using common sense things to relate to what you are telling them.
Quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not. People fall for it because it does match how they feel. See an example of a cold reading here
(2) During a reading – you hear a lot of background noise, the psychic is eating, yawning, disinterested or you can hear them busy doing other activities.
(3) The psychic performs the reading while having a bad cold or flu. Like any of us – when we have a cold or flu we don’t perform to the same high quality in our work/service. Psychics use a lot of energy when doing a reading and shouldn’t be performing readings while sick.
(4) They ask for your social security number or other sensitive financial information.
(5) If you have a bad feeling about your psychic – go by it. Its is always best to go by your own gut feelings/intuition.
(6) Tells you someone has put a curse on you OR there is a negative block on you – Which only they can remove for some exorbitant price. Stop the reading straight away!